Terms & Conditions
Last updated 12/26/2018
AGREEMENT TO TERMS
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
In connection with your use of the Site, you will not:
- use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
- violate the Terms, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or other personal rights of any person or entity, or any applicable laws (including but not limited to those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, false advertising, copyright, privacy and anti-spam);
- transmit any Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or viruses, corrupted files or any code of a destructive nature or that is intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any systems, data, personal information or property;
- submit or post infringing, harassing, threatening, unlawful, false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, obscene, hateful, discriminatory, unlawful, tortious, or libellous content, or content that is harmful to minors or any third party’s privacy;
- impersonate any person or entity, or misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- engage in spamming, phishing, distribution of unsolicited or bulk electronic communications or chain letters, or pyramid or Ponzi schemes;
- use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots or other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” the Site or any related data or information;
- attempt to interfere with or undermine the integrity or proper working of the Site or activities conducted via the Site, or the data, systems or networks used by Corporate Office Properties Trust, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to such data, systems or networks;
- reproduce, perform, display, distribute, or prepare derivative works from content that belongs to or is licensed to Corporate Office Properties Trust, or that comes from the Site and belongs to a third party, including works covered by any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property right, except with prior express permission of Corporate Office Properties Trust and/or the third party holding the right to license such use;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, object code, or underlying structure, ideas, or algorithms of or included in, or modify, translate or create derivative works based on, the Site or any software, documentation or data related to the Site;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Site, use of the Site, or access to the Site without the express written permission by Corporate Office Properties Trust;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent; or
- engage in any activities that would otherwise create any liability for Corporate Office Properties Trust.
The list of prohibited activities above is not intended to be a complete or exhaustive list of all prohibited activities. Engaging in any activity that, in Corporate Office Properties Trust’s sole and absolute discretion, disrupts, interferes with or is harmful to (or threatens to disrupt, interfere with, or be harmful to) the Site, Corporate Office Properties Trust‘s business, operations, reputation, goodwill, customers and/or customer relations, or the ability of Corporate Office Properties Trust’s customers to effectively use the Site, is prohibited. Engaging in any prohibited activities, or using the Site in violation the Terms may result in Corporate Office Properties Trust taking action against you and immediately terminating your access to the Site. Corporate Office Properties Trust may report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be illegal, and any information we receive alleging illegal activity. When legally required, or otherwise in Corporate Office Properties Trust’s sole discretion, Corporate Office Properties Trust will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity conducted using the Site.
Last updated 12/6/18
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Corporate Office Properties Trust (“COPT“, “Company“, “we“, “us“, or “our“). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
- DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, and contact information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Sites or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We may collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We may collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Sites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information; marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal compliance and reporting obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the ” WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS ” below).
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To post testimonials. We may post testimonials on our Sites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To protect our Sites. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services, marketing and your experience.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
In Short: We only share information with the following third parties.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may be easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices.
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation
- Communicate and Chat with Users
Facebook Customer Chat and HubSpot Email
- Content Optimization
Google Fonts, Instagram embed, Typekit, Vimeo video and YouTube video embed
- Data Backup and Security
- Functionality and Infrastructure Optimization
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising
Facebook social plugins
- Web and Mobile Analytics
Google Analytics and HubSpot Analytics
- Website Hosting
WP Engine and Wix
- Website Performance Monitoring
- Website Testing
Google Website Optimizer and Cloudflare
DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
In Short: Yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service.
This website, mobile application and/or social media platforms/accounts.
By using our Maps API Implementation, you agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Sites visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:
Corporate Office Properties Trust
6711 Columbia Gateway Drive
Columbia, MD 21046
If you have any further questions or comments about us or our policies, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Corporate Office Properties Trust
6711 Columbia Gateway Drive
Columbia, MD 21046
Phone: (443) 285-5400